Kids First Health Care is currently seeking an Executive Director to lead the organization. The Executive Director is the key leader and manager, as well as the “face” of Kids First Health Care. The Executive Director is responsible for working with the Board to establish the organization’s strategic direction and lead the organization to achieve that direction. The position reports to the Board of Directors.
Established in 1978, Kids First operates under the philosophy that every child deserves health care. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created specifically to meet the needs of children ages birth to 21 who otherwise could not afford health care and are governed by a volunteer board of directors. The mission of Kids First is to improve the health and well-being of infants, children, and youth through providing primary and preventative health care services in partnership with schools and other community organizations.
Job Title: Executive Director
Leadership and Management:
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Kids First Health Care can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Responsible for effective administration of Kids First Health Care operations
- Understanding and navigating the healthcare landscape as it impacts Kids First Health Care
- Create an organizational culture that reflects the Kids First Health Care mission and values
- Lead, coach, develop and retain a high performing management team and staff
- Develop and support a strong Board of Directors; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction.
- Actively engage with and develop/maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders who support the organization and its mission.
Financial Performance and Viability
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Kids First, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Identify new sources and avenues for funding through strategic fundraising, stakeholder management and community networking.
- Responsible for leading in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Communicates effectively with the Board and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
- A minimum of 10 years of senior management experience that includes a strong track record of effectively leading a mission-driven organization.
- Strong financial acumen and proven ability to develop and effectively manage a Profit and Loss.
- Excellence in organizational leadership with the ability to coach and mentor a mission-driven staff.
- Strong professional network in the greater Denver healthcare community.
- Marketing and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a broad range of stakeholders and partners.
- Past experience working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate and foster board member relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the needs of underserved communities.
- Executive presence and the ability to effectively communicate to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Prefer experience in the healthcare field with knowledge of Medicaid Health Insurance, public and private health insurance and other funding sources.
- Prefer masters level education in a related field.
Kids First offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Additional Application Instructions