Job Title: Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
Reports to: Medical Director
Overall Statement of Responsibility:
The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing outpatient diagnostic, treatment, and preventive health care services; managing chronic illness; utilizing appropriate referrals and consultation to staff physician and community specialists; and providing health education to patients.
- Provides comprehensive health care services to all patients, including but not limited to, well-child care, acute care and chronic care.
- Provides patient and family education to promote wellness, to prevent health problems, and to maintain current health status as well as intervene in acute or chronic illness states.
- Coordinates client care with other community professionals and organizations for optimal care.
- Works collaboratively with supervising pediatrician and other nurse practitioners.
- Participates in the chart audit process as specified in the quality improvement program.
- Participates in planning of clinic provider schedule to ensure clinic coverage.
- Provides input into decision-making process by attending provider and clinic staff meetings.
- Assists in developing goals and objectives for the program including quality improvement.
- Participates in problem solving of issues and concerns affecting the pediatric/adolescent program.
- Maintains current continuing educational hours, certification, and license.
- Participates in call coverage 4-6 weeks out of the year to handle more urgent needs of clinic patients and vaccine related storage issues as they might arise.
Skills, Values and Talents:
- Pediatric/adolescent experience required
- Bilingual skills preferred.
- Knowledge of medical principles and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to contribute to the development of staff by identifying learning needs and assisting with those needs.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other providers.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Colorado pediatric or family nurse practitioner certification. Certification may be pending and completed within first year of employment.
- CPR certification
- All Certifications and Licenses must be kept current as a condition of continued employment
- DEA or Provisional Full Prescriptive Authority
If Interested, send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Dr. Sarah Winbourn, MD, Medical Director, Kids First Health Care