Job Title: Director of Administration and Finance
Reports to: Executive Director
Overall Statement of Responsibility:
The Director of Administration and Finance will work closely with the Executive Director and Medical Director to design the process and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support the sustainability and future growth of Kids First Health Care. She or he will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined administrative/financial systems, including operational, financial, accounting, information technology (IT), human resources (HR), and physical infrastructure. This position requires strong managerial and strategic skills, a passion for developing individuals through maximizing strengths, and a commitment to a dynamic pediatric nonprofit ready to move to the next level. Six Management Team members report to this position.
- Working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Administration and Finance will lead all internal, non-clinical operations.
- Set clear expectations about job roles and responsibilities and offer staff the resources and support needed to meet these expectations. Complete regular performance evaluations.
- Assist staff with program development and improvement, including the creation of standardized workflows, protocols, and procedures; solutions for documenting and tracking services; and training manuals.
- Design an IT plan for the future, and implement it successfully to meet IT needs as the organization grows.
- Manage the organization’s physical infrastructure (phone system, security, cleaning, supplies, etc.).
- Working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Administration and Finance will lead all financial aspects of Kids First Health Care.
- Manage, process and record information necessary for the following Internal accounting functions:
- Operating budget (annual and mid-year)
- Financial report management for grant applications and grant reports
- Management of restricted grant funds.
- Oversee and participate in the development and administration of program budgets:
- Approve forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies
- Approve expenditures and implement budgetary adjustments as appropriate and necessary.
- Manage contract and deliverables by outside consulting firm hired to provide limited support of Kids First financial activities.
- Ensure performance metrics are met by departments and programs overseen.
- Prepare for and actively participate in bi-weekly Management Team meetings providing feedback and guidance on activities and overall performance toward accomplishing strategic plan priorities.
- Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion. Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Exercise independent judgment. Formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others.
- Master’s Degree in health care related field, management or business and 3+ years’ experience with program development and management
- OR An equivalent combination of Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- At least five to eight years of increasingly responsible professional experience, including:
- Supervision and support of staff members’ success
- Management of the finance and administration of a $2 million to $7 million organization (preference given to nonprofit experience).
- Program development and management that includes setting goals, objectives, and performance measures to guide successful outcomes.
- Technology oversight and knowledge, including electronic health records, networking and telecommunications.
- Support the mission and values of Kids First Health Care.
- Flexible and creative, able to innovate programs and services to ensure sustainability and continued impact.
- Knowledgeable of patient and family rights and ensures an atmosphere, which allows for privacy, dignity and well-being of all.
- Comply with all safety requirements, including safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, security and mandatory state reporting requirements.
- Report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Comply with employee handbook.
- Maintain a safe, clean and efficient work environment.
- Comply with other delegated functions as requested/approved by supervisor.
- The duties outlined above require certain physical capabilities, which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter to Vickie Ta-Hernandez at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.