During this challenging time, Kids First Health Care remains committed to our mission of improving the health and well-being of infants, children, and youth, as we work together to navigate this unprecedented situation. We wanted to provide an update on what we are doing to care for our patients, protect public health and safety, and adapt to rapidly changing circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Important Updates to Operations
- Kids First community pediatric clinic in Commerce City is OPEN. You may contact our Commerce City clinic at 303-289-1086 and our Westminster clinic at 303-428-4384.
- Kids First school-based health centers will remain closed until the schools reopen. Our Westminster clinic is currently closed, due to construction at the school site.
- Kids First is following guidance from Tri-County Health Department. If additional changes to our operations are needed, we will provide immediate updates on our social media, website and by phone.
- Kids First does not have the capacity to test for COVID-19. Please find information on available testing sites at: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/covid-19-testing.
Protecting Our Patients and Public Health
- We have implemented a stringent cleaning policy and are disinfecting the clinics throughout the day after each patient visit.
- To protect vulnerable individuals in the community, we ask that all families call the clinic prior to visiting and minimize the number of people who visit. Only one parent or guardian should accompany each patient to their appointment.
- To keep our waiting rooms clean and safe, any patient with respiratory symptoms will receive a protective mask and go straight to an exam room.
- We are reserving morning appointments for well visits and afternoon appointments for sick visits.
- Staff who are able to work remotely are currently off site and can best be reached via email.
- For more information on COVID-19 and necessary safety precautions, please visit https://covid19.colorado.gov/ and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
How Can You Help?
- Financial contributions are the best way to support our work at this time. Your contribution will make a huge difference, as we care for our patients and make adjustments to protect public health. Please consider contributing online to support our work and feel free to reach out to Merrill Schmidt, Development and Communications Coordinator, with any questions.
- Follow the recommendations from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment to prevent additional infections: https://covid19.colorado.gov/prevention-community-spread
- Take time to care for yourself and support each other with calls, texts, and other virtual communications. We are all going through this situation together.
Kids First is so grateful for our supporters, patients and their families as well as all of our community partners. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, feedback, or suggestions. We appreciate your time and support.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the following web pages: