***BILINGUAL SPANISH SPEAKING IS REQUIRED***
Overall Statement of Responsibility:
Works with Kids First providers and external resources to ensure patient care objectives are met. The Medical Assistant is responsible for supporting the clinic care team in delivering health care services to pediatric and adolescent patients in a professional manner. The Medical Assistant functions according to the clinical policies and procedures established by Kids First Health Care.
Additional: This positions is inside a school the position is paid for 1500 of the school year. Working school year schedule only!
Welcome patients, families and visitors to the clinic; answer and return phone calls in a professional manner, schedule appointments, assist patient with completion of paperwork and enter into electronic Medical Record (EMR).
Duties and responsibilities
- Verify health insurance, screen for sliding fees, and collect copays
- Perform Spanish verbal and written translation to patients and families as needed
- Enter information into electronic medical record
- Check in patients for their appointments
- Performing health care procedures as requested/ordered by the provider.
- Review immunization records; administer and document immunizations; manage vaccine inventory and complete monthly statistic.
- Perform laboratory procedures; obtain lab specimens including venipuncture; complete documentation and lab requisitions, arrange for delivery of laboratory specimens to external laboratories, communicate lab results to provider.
- Manages compliant with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waived quality control logs
- Provide health education and medical results to individual patients/families as requested by providers.
- Communicate and collaborate with clinic care team and school staff as indicated.
- Submit, Track, and Follow-up referrals.
- Review and submit superbills on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and clean exam rooms before and after each visit; perform thorough cleaning on a weekly basis
- Maintain clinic inventory; order and stock medical, lab and immunization supplies.
- Properly dispose of biohazard materials
- Completion of Accredited Medical Assistant program (required)
- Certified Medical Assistant Licensing current (preferred)
- Basic Life Support certified (required)
- Minimum of one year of Medical Assistant experience (Required)
- Prior experience with pediatric patients (preffered)
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Ability to be a team player. Support and assist team members. Be available to help, and learn from the team.
- Ability to adapt to change; including but not limited to scheduling, clinic procedures and policies.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of performance and behavior standards on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with parents, child/adolescent patients, medical providers, and all staff
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of computers and data entry procedures, including Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Job Type: Full-time 37.5 hours
- Reports to: Clinic Manager
- Starting pay: $16.00 hr based on experience
To apply, please send your resume to Nancy Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org.