Works with Kids First providers and external resources to ensure patient care objectives are met. The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for supporting the clinic care team in delivering health care services to pediatric and adolescent patients in a professional manner. The MA functions according to the clinical policies and procedures established by Kids First Health Care.
Duties and responsibilities
- Welcomes patients, families and visitors to the clinic; answers and returns phone calls; schedules appointments; assists patients with completion of paperwork
- Perform Spanish verbal and written translation for patients and families
- Enters information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Check in patients for their appointments
- Performs health care procedures as instructed by providers
- Review immunization records; administer and document immunizations; manage vaccine inventory and completes monthly immunization statistics
- Perform laboratory procedures; obtain lab specimens including venipuncture; completes documentation and lab requisitions, arranges for delivery of laboratory specimens to external laboratories, communicates lab results to providers.
- Provides health education and medical results to individual patients/families as requested by providers
- Manages Autoclave processes for clinic site
- Communicates and collaborates with clinic care team and school staff as indicated
- Reviews and submits superbills on a weekly basis
- Prepares and cleans exam rooms before and after all visits; performs thorough cleaning on a weekly basis
- Maintains general medical clinic inventory
- Properly disposes of biohazard materials
- Ability to clearly communicate in English and Spanish (required)
- Ability to be a team player. Support and assist team members. Be available to help and learn from the team.
- Ability to adapt to change including but not limited to scheduling, clinic procedures and policies.
- Ability to always demonstrate the highest level of performance and behavior standards.
- Ability to be a self-starter who can prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with parents, child/adolescent patients, medical providers, and all staff.
- Knowledge of computers and data entry procedures including EMR, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Commitment to providing quality healthcare to the underserved.
- Minimum of one year of Medical Assistant experience.
- Prior experience with pediatric patients.
- Completion of Accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Certified Medical Assistant Licensing.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, and demonstrate manual dexterity. Light lifting may be required up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with EMR
- Basic Life Support certified
- Reports to: Clinic Manager
- Job Type: Full Time
- Starting pay: $16-$18 hourly (based on experience)
To apply, please send your resume to Anaiz Sotelo at firstname.lastname@example.org.