Kids First partners with Adams County School District 14 in Commerce City and Westminster Public Schools to provide school nursing services, supporting the health needs of more than 17,000 students in 34 schools so they can achieve their full academic potential.
School Nursing Services offered in Adams 14 and Westminster Public Schools
- Health consultation for students with identified health care needs requiring modification and accommodations in the school setting
- Health-related liaison between student, school staff, parent, and community health care providers and organizations
- Health assessments; interpretation of medical data; participation in Individualized Education Plan development, Child Find and 504 accommodations, and Health Care plans for students with disabilities and/or students with special health care needs
- CPR, First Aid, Medication, Diabetes Training for School Personnel and Universal Precautions (and other health-related areas as requested) training for key school personnel
- Training, delegation, and ongoing supervision of school personnel in the administration of medication and other special health care procedures
- Triage of traumatic injuries and acute medical conditions
- Assessment and consultation for communicable diseases, significant illness/injuries, vision and hearing program
- Consultation and tracking regarding student health information, immunizations and documentation.
Contact Adams 14 School Nurse Office: 303-853-3297