Pediatric Health Care At Home
Telehealth services allow you to connect with your child’s provider from the comfort and safety of home. Kids First Health Care offers telehealth services for most visit types, including sick care, chronic disease management, reproductive health care, physicals and behavioral health care. Kids First is partnering with Colorado Access to provide behavioral health services through Virtual Care Collaboration and Integration (VCCI).
Telehealth visits have a number of benefits for patients, including:
- Reduced risk of getting sick from leaving your home.
- Less wait time for care.
- Lower cost of care, especially if you do not have insurance.
- Greater access to your provider and quicker response.
Please call 303-289-1086 to set up a telehealth visit or to get more information.
Kids First offers telehealth services for the following appointment types and concerns:
- Asthma routine check or medication refill
- Sick visit for patients over 6 months old: rash, pink eye, COVID concern, runny nose, sore throat, cough, etc.
- Injury or pain
- Weight recheck
- ADHD visit
- Reproductive health visit for new birth control, STI or pregnancy concerns, and birth control follow-up visits
- Mental health concerns, such as behavior problem, learning issues, anxiety, and depression
Telehealth is a covered benefit by all insurance plans in Colorado. For specific details on your insurance plan, please contact your insurance provider. Telehealth is also available for uninsured patients. We are currently offering virtual assistance with applying for health insurance through Health First Colorado (Medicaid) or Child Care Plan Plus (CHP+). At the end of June, our affordable sliding fee scale will apply to telehealth visits for patients who are uninsured. Please call 303-289-1086 for more information.
How to Use Telehealth Services
Kids First is using a secure, HIPAA-compliant electronic application called Doxy.me to deliver telehealth visits by video. To access this application, you will need a smartphone, tablet or computer with a camera and a reliable Internet connection. Telephone-only appointments are also available if preferred and appropriate. Please call 303-289-1086 to make a video or telephone appointment.